UC Davis Big Bang
Big Bang! is the annual UC Davis Business Plan Competition organized by MBA students of the Graduate School of Management. The goal of the contest is to promote entrepreneurship at UC Davis and the region supported by the University.
Learn more about UC Davis Big Bang
Regional Venture Capital Sources
- Foothills Angels
- Sacramento regions newest Angel investment group. Launched in 2007, we are a group of successful entrepreneurs and business people. Our investment interest includes clean technology, software, internet and life science companies. We meet once a month, with the exception of August and December. To apply to present at one of our upcoming meetings, companies must complete the application using the Angelsoft link on this website.
- Akers Capital, LLC
- Akers Capital manages Pac West Technology Fund I, LP, an investment partnership that invests in emerging technology companies in the Northwest and Northern California.
The investment objective of Akers Capital’s investment fund is to achieve maximum capital appreciation through actively managed investments in private technology companies.
www.akerscapital.com | 916-966-2236
- DFJ Frontier
- At DFJ Frontier, we believe entrepreneurs are extraordinary. Our team consists of investors who have also founded and grown companies, so we know how to help because we've done it ourselves. Our philosophy is to provide support to help you turn your idea or technology into a self-sustaining business with real value. We expect the managers of our portfolio companies to own significant equity stakes.
www.dfjfrontier.com | 916-372-3700
- DCA Partners
- Since 2001, DCA Partners has earned its reputation as one of the nation’s finest middle market investment banking firms, delivering exceptional results for clients in a wide variety of industry sectors. With offices in Roseville, CA and Phoenix, AZ, DCA works primarily with companies in the broader Northern and Central California regions, as well as certain adjacent underserved markets across the western U.S. Through the firm’s affiliated private equity fund, DCA Capital Partners, the firm also makes direct investments in promising middle–market growth businesses in DCA’s defined areas of focus.
- Sacramento Angels
- The Sacramento Angels is a group of individuals who invest in early-stage Northern California companies. The group meets once a month over dinner and listens to presentations from candidate companies. If some members show interest in a presenting company, the group facilitates their efforts to share further due diligence. Members act on their own behalf and make individual investment decisions.
Sacramento Angels membership is open to individuals who are accredited investors with the experience and desire to invest in and work directly with emerging-technology companies. The members have a wide range of backgrounds, including CEO's, senior executives, entrepreneurs, attorneys and professional venture capitalists. They apply this considerable experience to assist their investments with business strategy and implementation, team building and fundraising.
- Velocity Venture Capital
- Velocity Venture Capital is a seed and early-stage venture capital firm that invests in information technology companies as they converge with key market sectors like Security, Medical, Energy, and Education. Velocity works to identify and partner with smart, persistent and bold entrepreneurs to build world-class companies in the US with a concentration on Sacramento / Northern California. The firm is headquartered in the Sacramento region just east of the Silicon Valley.
www.velocityvc.com | 916-673-3431
- Wavepoint Ventures
- Wavepoint invests in capital efficient seed and early-stage companies in the medical, information and clean technology sectors. By bringing capital, experience and relationships to young companies, Wavepoint helps committed teams bring unique innovations to market faster and more efficiently, resulting in more wealth creation for entrepreneurs and investors.
www.wavepointventures.com | 916-941-1400