Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 23 Apr, 2014Tesla bringing plant to Central Valley, but it’s not the big one
The Sacramento Bee: Tesla Motors Inc. is opening a factory in the San Joaquin Valley, but it’s almost certainly not the 6,500-job battery plant that’s being coveted by governors and community leaders in California and other states.
- 23 Apr, 2014Energy Commission grants include $1.1M to UC Davis for transportation center
Sacramento Business Journal: The California Energy Commission in Sacramento on Tuesday approved funding of more than $3.8 million in grants.
- 23 Apr, 2014Tesla to open huge facility in Central Valley
Sacramento Business Journal: Palo Alto-based Tesla Motors Inc. has quietly leased a 431,000-square-foot industrial facility in the San Joaquin County city of Lathrop that it is already building out, according to city and county officials.
- 23 Apr, 2014State energy grants include $1.1 million to UCD for sustainable transportation center
The Sacramento Bee: The California Energy Commission’s latest round of funding grants approved this week includes $1.1 million to the University of California, Davis, to establish a National Center for Sustainable Transportation
- 23 Apr, 2014VSP Global CEO Lynch named group's Humanitarian of the Year
The Sacramento Bee: Rob Lynch, president and CEO of VSP Global in Rancho Cordova, has been named “Humanitarian of the Year” by UCP of Sacramento and Northern California.
- 22 Apr, 2014UC Davis opening biodigester to convert waste to energy
Sacramento Business Journal: As part of its Earth Day celebration, the University of California Davis is unveiling its new anaerobic biorefinery.
- 22 Apr, 2014Sutter Health's regional system ranked among nation's best
The Sacramento Bee: Sutter Health’s Sacramento Sierra Region has been named one of the nation’s “15 Top Health Systems” for 2014 by by Ann Arbor, Mich.-based Truven Health Analytics, which annually evaluates health facilities and organizations nationwide.
- 22 Apr, 2014Jackson Laboratory recycling efforts include mouse bedding, lab gloves
Sacramento Business Journal: Commitment to conservation and recycling on Earth Day and beyond takes on a whole different meaning at The Jackson Laboratory.
- 22 Apr, 2014Sutter's Sacramento Sierra Region recogized among top health systems
Sacramento Business Journal: Sutter Health’s Sacramento Sierra Region has won recognition as one of the nation’s 15 top health systems in terms of quality care and patient safety.
- 22 Apr, 2014UC Davis Using Food Waste To Power Campus In First-Of-Its-Kind Program
CBS13: UC Davis is using organic waste to power its campus in a first-of-its-kind program on a university campus.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 15 May, 2014TechLink Members Only Mixer
TechLink: SARTA's exclusive members-only networking mixer for the technology sector, where you can meet and mingle with the region's most innovative tech entrepreneurs and industry leaders, including SARTA's Board of Directors.