Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 30 Jul, 2015 Five Davis professors win grants to commercialize research
Sacramento Business Journal: Five professors at the University of California Davis have won grants from the university to bring their research to the marketplace.
- 30 Jul, 2015 Davis company wins European patent for crop water-efficiency trait
Sacramento Business Journal: Davis biotech company Arcadia Biosciences Inc. said Wednesday that a genetic trait it has rights to develop has won a European patent.
- 29 Jul, 2015 Davis economic development czar takes job with alternative-energy company
Sacramento Business Journal: Economic developer Rob White has taken a job with a clean energy company as it seeks a location for a 100,000-square-foot facility in the Sacramento region.
- 28 Jul, 2015 Check out 10 ambitious startup ideas pitched to investor-golfers
Sacramento Business Journal: Ten startup companies made their pitches to investors in the blazing sun at Serrano Country Club in El Dorado Hills on Monday. It was the 2015 edition of the Entrepreneurial Drive golf tournament.
- 27 Jul, 2015 Expansion-minded Sacramento biomass company takes over Connecticut plant
Sacramento Business Journal: Sacramento-based Greenleaf Power has acquired a 37.5-megawatt biomass plant in Connecticut as part of an aggressive expansion campaign.
- 24 Jul, 2015 CFO of the Year, small company winner: Hamish Butler, Glue Networks
Sacramento Business Journal: Hamish Butler originally envisioned a future in engineering, not finance. When Glue Networks CEO Jeff Gray needed someone with financial expertise, his legal counsel suggested Butler.
- 24 Jul, 2015 Another big week for Aerojet Rocketdyne ends with successful launch
Sacramento Business Journal: An Aerojet Rocketdyne launch motor blasted a 3.8-ton military satellite into orbit aboard a massive rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on Thursday evening.
- 23 Jul, 2015 Barry Broome says Sacramento sales pitch has to change
Sacramento Business Journal: Mixing blunt economic facts with motivational oratory, Barry Broome made a case to his funders on Thursday that Sacramento must stop using the region's relative affordability as a primary selling point to attract businesses.
- 22 Jul, 2015 Small-business owners in Davis get some help from a new program
Sacramento Business Journal: The Sacramento Metro Chamber opened its seventh Small Business Development Center office this week in Davis.
- 20 Jul, 2015 Marrone Bio gets Canadian emergency approval for product to save hops crop
Sacramento Business Journal: Health Canada, the regulatory agency for Canadian agriculture, has awarded emergency approval of the use of a Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. product to ward off a devastating hops fungus in order to save the country's beer.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 16 Sep, 2015 Clean Tech Mixer
We're bringing Clean Tech to you! Join us for networking and connecting in with the Clean Tech community, presented in partnership with Sacramento State.
- 24 Sep, 2015 TechLink Members Only Mixer
TechLink: SARTA's exclusive members-only networking mixer for the technology sector, where you can meet and mingle with the region's most innovative tech entrepreneurs and industry leaders, including SARTA's Board of Directors.
- 1 Dec, 2015 TechCon Sacramento
TechCon Sacramento is bringing-together the region’s multiple tech sectors for a full day of innovation. Don’t miss this outstanding opportunity to view the full spectrum of technology, gain a more robust understanding and appreciation of what’s happening in the Sacramento region, see how local tech companies are making a global impact, and obtain action-oriented information. Hear entrepreneurs pitch before investors and attend the Innovator of the Year Awards!