Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 5 Mar, 2015 State jobless claims drop by nearly 4,000
Sacramento Business Journal: The number of people making jobless claims across the country increased by 7,000 to 320,000, according to a weekly report from the U.S. Department of Labor. California saw a moderate drop in new claims.
- 5 Mar, 2015 GenCorp sells chunk of land to developer
Sacramento Business Journal: Rancho Cordova-based GenCorp Inc. has sold a chunk of its surplus land. Its development subsidiary, Easton Development Co. LLC, has an agreement to sell 703 acres of its 6,000 acres for $57 million to WestLand Capital Partners.
- 5 Mar, 2015 Drexel phasing out operations in Sacramento
Sacramento Business Journal: Drexel University will phase out operations in Sacramento, university president John Fry announced in an alumni letter on Thursday.
- 5 Mar, 2015 GenCorp land purchase gives WestLand control of 80% of future Folsom housing
Sacramento Business Journal: The purchase of more than 700 acres for $57 million from GenCorp gives WestLand Capital Partners ownership of about 80 percent of the planned housing for Folsom south of Highway 50.
- 5 Mar, 2015 Aerojet parent sells 703 acres in Folsom area
The Sacramento Bee: GenCorp Inc., the parent of Aerojet Rocketdyne, said Thursday it has sold 703 acres of development land in Folsom for $57 million.
- 5 Mar, 2015 Drexel to close Sacramento campus
The Sacramento Bee: Drexel University of Philadelphia said Thursday it is closing down its Sacramento campus, ending in a six-year experiment to create a university with a presence on both coasts.
- 4 Mar, 2015 Sacramento continues to outpace state in job growth
Sacramento Business Journal: Sacramento employers posted 32,400 online classified ads in February -- up 25 percent from the same period one year ago.
- 3 Mar, 2015 Social Venture Partners holds pitchfest for nonprofits
Sacramento Business Journal: Sacramento is hosting a pitchfest this week focused entirely on nonprofits. More than $25,000 in unrestricted funding and in-kind support is up for grabs at the event, which will be held Friday.
- 2 Mar, 2015 Lawmaker calls for new 'UC Tech' school
Sacramento Business Journal: Assemblyman Mike Gatto has proposed legislation that would start a process for a new University of California school to specialize in technology fields.
- 2 Mar, 2015 GenCorp chooses chief operating officer
Sacramento Business Journal: GenCorp has chosen a chief operating officer. Eileen Drake joins the Rancho Cordova-based rocket maker effective Monday.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 18 Mar, 2015 Finding Your First Paying Customer
Are you a start-up CEO? A technical founder with a great product that you need to start selling now? How do you move from product development to revenue?
The Sales Model Canvas is a framework that teaches how to build your the sales process and how to create a sales engine for your products.
- 20 Mar, 2015 Clean Tech Mixer Nevada City
SARTA's CleanStart is bringing Clean Tech to you! Join us in Nevada City for an evening of networking in the Sierras
- 26 Mar, 2015 TechLink Members Only Mixer
TechLink: SARTA's exclusive members-only networking mixer for the technology sector, where you can meet and mingle with the region's most innovative tech entrepreneurs and industry leaders, including SARTA's Board of Directors.
- 5 Jun, 2015 TechEdge Celebration
2015 marks the 12th annual TechEdge Celebration, the region's largest gathering in honor of our technology sector! As always, TechEdge promises – and will deliver –thought-provoking and inspirational keynote speakers and the most current and comprehensive view of our region’s entire tech sector.