Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 24 May, 2013Inventures: Sacramento man creates small device to defeat strokes
News10: A Sacramento man and his brother are waging a war on strokes by inventing the world's smallest device to remove dangerous blood clots.
- 24 May, 2013Sacramento second-grader cooks on national TV
The Sacramento Bee: Nicolas Come may be only 8 years old, but the Sacramento second grader brings his hometown's "Farm-to-Fork" campaign to a national audience Saturday morning.
- 23 May, 2013Paramount Equity CEO finalist in Entrepreneur of Year program
Sacramento Business Journal: Hayes Barnard, the CEO of Paramount Equity in Roseville, has been named a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 program for Northern California.
- 23 May, 2013EPA: Marrone bioinsecticide won\'t harm bees
Sacramento Business Journal: Davis-based Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. got U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approval to delete a bee toxicity warning statement on its Grandevo Bioinsecticide label.
- 23 May, 2013Air Force missile test includes Aerojet motors
Sacramento Business Journal: The U.S. Air Force successfully tested an unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile Wednesday, launching it from Vandeberg Air Force Base base and seeing it splash down on target a half hour later 4,000 miles away in the Pacific Ocean.
- 22 May, 2013Entrepreneurs rev your engines: Startup activity in U.S. at 13-year high
Sacramento Business Journal: Entrepreneurship is back: Nearly 13 percent of American were starting or running new businesses in 2012, the highest rate of entrepreneurial activity in the U.S. since at least 1999.
- 22 May, 2013UC Davis researchers get $3M grant to study Fragile X
Sacramento Business Journal: UC Davis researchers have received a five-year, $3 million grant from the National Institute of Mental Health to conduct the first long-range study of mental and psychological decline that accompanies an age-related neurological disorder associated with Fragile X Syndrome.
- 22 May, 2013Foster Care Youth: The Faces of a Nation\'s Soul in Crisis By Claire Pomeroy
The Huffington Post: For some children, the uncertainty of life on the street is better than certainty of violence at home. It was for me.
- 20 May, 2013ViVita Technologies wins UC Davis contest with plan for heart valve replacement
Sacramento Business Journal: ViVita Technologies won the 13th annual Big Bang! Business Plan Competition at the University of California Davis Graduate School of Management.
- 20 May, 2013Auburn company uses crowdfunding to launch business
KCRA: Auburn company ioSafe is using a concept called crowdfunding to help raise money without a bank.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 19 Jun, 2013Beer and Geeks Meetup
Tap into the tech community. A casual mixer designed to help techies around the region connect, learn, engage, etc... Show up, grab a drink, unwind and meet someone new. No cost to attend - just RSVP so we know you're coming
- 19 Jun, 2013Mindful Leadership: Leading for Success
The Mindful Leadership Experience workshop is designed to provide the most cutting edge techniques for addressing challenges to leaders at all stages of their career. The research-driven models in the workshop enable the most powerful solutions to pressing problems of emerging leaders and C-suite executives alike. Join us for a hands-on session to accelerate your business.
- 26 Jun, 2013CleanStart PowerUP Grass Valley
PowerUP, three Clean Tech events to be held around the region. Come, Meet, Hear and Connect with our regions' Clean Tech companies as they showcase products, update us on their companies and make pitches for our new on-line video marketplace.
- 18 Jul, 2013TechLink Members Only Mixer
TechLink: SARTA's exclusive members-only networking mixer for the technology sector, where you can meet and mingle with the region's most innovative tech entrepreneurs and industry leaders, including SARTA's Board of Directors.