Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 28 Aug, 2015 Startup makes 3-D printers for the masses (slideshow)
Sacramento Business Journal: Entrepreneur Brook Drumm started PrintrBot five years ago with the goal of making 3-D printers affordable for schools and other users.
- 28 Aug, 2015 Arcadia Biosciences passes milestone in developing super soybean trait
Sacramento Business Journal: Agricultural technology company Arcadia Biosciences Inc. says the U.S. Food and Drug Administration completed an early evaluation for the company’s genetically modified soybean trait and found it safe to plant for more research.
- 28 Aug, 2015 Infant nutritional health company nets $9M investment round
Sacramento Business Journal: A Davis health technology startup has raised $9 million to commercialize infant health research developed at the University of California Davis.
- 28 Aug, 2015 Sacramento pill bottle lock company stands to benefit from new law
Sacramento Business Journal: Illinois passed a law Thursday urging the use of locking devices on painkiller prescriptions, which should be a boon to the Sacramento-based makers of a pill bottle locking cap.
- 27 Aug, 2015 Evolve BioSystems Inc. Completes $9 million Series A Investment
Davis, California– Evolve BioSystems, Inc., a microbiotics company developing novel solutions to resolve the dysbiosis in the human infant microbiome that can result from pre-term birth, Caesarian-Section deliveries, and exclusive use of infant formulae, is pleased to announce that it has completed a $9 million Series A Investment to fund the pre-commercialization phase of the Company’s growth.
- 26 Aug, 2015 O1 Communications gets back into phone business
Sacramento Business Journal: Five years after selling its retail phone operation, O1 Communications Inc. is getting back into the business.
- 26 Aug, 2015 Monsanto drops bid for Syngenta after being repeatedly rebuffed
Sacramento Business Journal: Big changes won't be coming to Sacramento's seed hub after all.
- 25 Aug, 2015 Tesla rival seeking billion-dollar California factory? Here’s what we know
Sacramento Business Journal: Could California finally drive off with a new billion-dollar factory for electric cars?
- 25 Aug, 2015 How a gadget built in Rocklin could make your next conference a lot more fun
Sacramento Business Journal: Rocklin electronics developer Parallax Inc. has begun selling a "hackable" electronic smart badge for conferences and conventions.
- 25 Aug, 2015 Rocklin's Sierra College lands Mini Maker Faire
Sacramento Business Journal: Everything from homemade drones to homemade pickles will be featured at a Mini Maker Faire in Rocklin on Oct. 3.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 3 Sep, 2015 Beer & Geeks
Beer and Geeks is a casual mixer designed to help techies around the region connect, engage, learn, and have fun. Show up, grab a drink, unwind and meet someone new. We'll be raffling off Lowbrau gift cards with TBD Fest t-shirts! You'll also be able to buy a ticket to TBD Fest service charge free if you buy your ticket at Beer & Geeks. No cost to attend--just RSVP so that we can make you a geeky name tag. We hope to see you there!
- 16 Sep, 2015 Clean Tech Mixer
We're bringing Clean Tech to you! Join us for networking and connecting in with the Clean Tech community, presented in partnership with Sacramento State.
- 24 Sep, 2015 TechLink Members Only Mixer
TechLink: SARTA's exclusive members-only networking mixer for the technology sector, where you can meet and mingle with the region's most innovative tech entrepreneurs and industry leaders, including SARTA's Board of Directors.
- 1 Dec, 2015 TechCon Sacramento
TechCon Sacramento is bringing-together the region’s multiple tech sectors for a full day of innovation. Don’t miss this outstanding opportunity to view the full spectrum of technology, gain a more robust understanding and appreciation of what’s happening in the Sacramento region, see how local tech companies are making a global impact, and obtain action-oriented information. Hear entrepreneurs pitch before investors and attend the Innovator of the Year Awards!