Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 5 Dec, 2013Loomis energy firm signs 25-year pact with schools
Sacramento Business Journal: Loomis-based Energy Saving Pros Construction Inc. announced it has reached a solar purchase power agreement with the Loomis Union School District.
- 5 Dec, 2013SolarCity hiring at its Granite Bay operations center
The Sacramento Bee: San Mateo-based SolarCity Corp. plans to hire 60 new employees in the next 60 days at its Granite Bay operations center scheduled to open by the end of the month.
- 3 Dec, 2013AppHack winner Leaflr to pitch environmental footprint app at AngelHack
Sacramento Business Journal: The winning team of this weekend’s AppHack at The Urban Hive put together Leaflr, which is a calculator application for iPhone and Android that tallies a user’s energy use and environmental footprint, which can then show how changes can benefit the planet.
- 3 Dec, 2013Auburn company installing solar power systems for Reedley in Fresno County
The Sacramento Bee: Auburn-based Pacific Power Renewables has broken ground for the Fresno County city of Reedley to install solar power on four sites.
- 3 Dec, 2013Sacramento area hospitals land quality of care awards
Sacramento Business Journal: Mercy Hospital of Folsom, Kaiser Permanente’s Roseville Medical Center and the UC Davis Medical Center all made the 2103 Leapfrog list of top hospitals.
- 3 Dec, 2013UC Davis chooses head of institute for innovation
Sacramento Business Journal: The University of California Davis named Cleveland Justis as the executive director of its institute for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- 3 Dec, 2013Daegis closing offices, reorganizing
Sacramento Business Journal: Daegis Inc., now based in Irving, Texas, is reorganizing and closing expensive offices on both coasts.
- 2 Dec, 2013Folsom solar firm signs deals with PG&E
Sacramento Business Journal: In a partnership with Berlin-based Saferay Inc., Folsom-based 8minutenergy Renewables LLC recently signed two agreements to supply more electricity to California utilities.
- 2 Dec, 2013Peter Van Deventer Appointed SARTA Board Chair
SARTA Press Release: The Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance (SARTA) today announced that Peter Van Deventer has been appointed chair of its board of directors.
- 2 Dec, 2013 Van Deventer appointed chair of SARTA board of directors
The Sacramento Bee: El Dorado Hills businessman Peter Van Deventer has been appointed chairman of the Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance board of directors. Van Deventer is the co-founder and managing partner of Integrity Global Management, a business consulting firm.
Network with local tech leaders and investors