Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 17 Oct, 2014 Workforce education grants may not dry up after this year
Sacramento Business Journal: Educators across the Sacramento region and California are embarking on an ambitious program this year to transform high schools into industry incubators that offer students technical training in sectors related to the local economy. The future of these programs is uncertain because the funding could run dry. But legislative Democrats are beginning to make a stand for permanent funding.
- 16 Oct, 2014 CalPERS, CalSTRS among biggest players in private equity
California’s two major public pension funds rank among the giants in the world of private equity. A study by the Private Equity Growth Capital Council showed that CalPERS has more money invested in private equity, $32.3 billion, than any other public pension fund in the United States. The teachers’ pension fund, CalSTRS, ranks No. 2 at $21.9 billion.
- 15 Oct, 2014 SARTA TechCon to feature entrepreneur pitchfest, speakers
Sacramento Business Journal: The Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance will bring together the region’s various tech sectors at TechCon Sacramento in November.
- 15 Oct, 2014 LinkedIn offers Sacramento workshop on Thursday
Sacramento Business Journal: A representative from LinkedIn will be in Sacramento on Thursday to present a workshop designed to help users bolster their profiles on the social network. A representative from LinkedIn will be in Sacramento on Thursday to present a workshop designed to help users bolster their profiles on the social network.
- 15 Oct, 2014 Intel earnings benefit from PC bounce, but mobile chip efforts falter
Sacramento Business Journal: Intel Corp.'s revenue and net income both rose in the third quarter ending Sept. 27 as sales and profits at its PC chip business both rose.
- 15 Oct, 2014 SMUD, carmakers to demonstrate new EV technology
The Sacramento Bee: SMUD and seven automakers will demonstrate Thursday a new energy-saving tool that will send a message directly to electric vehicles, postponing their battery charges until after peak hours, unless the owner overrides it.
- 15 Oct, 2014 Women get special invitation to pitch startup ideas in Sacramento
The Sacramento Bee: Michelle Chaplin did something last July that not many women attempt. She went to a StartUp Weekend event in Sacramento and pitched a business idea.
- 14 Oct, 2014 SARTA Announces Keynote Speakers for TechCon Sacramento
SARTA Press Release: SARTA Announces Keynote Speakers for TechCon Sacramento Highlighting Four Regional CEOs “Succeeding in Sacramento” and Singularity University.
- 14 Oct, 2014 Up to speed: Google to expand Express service, offer subscription options (Video)
Sacramento Business Journal: Google plans to expand its Google Express delivery service and start charging subscription fees, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal.
- 14 Oct, 2014 Medtech company SynGen moves headquarters
Sacramento Business Journal: Medical technology company SynGen has moved its corporate headquarters to accommodate growth.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 6 Nov, 2014 TechCon Sacramento