Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 15 Sep, 2014 DMV for Cows?
Comstock's Magazine: If you’re one of those motorists who describe the whole DMV experience as slow, torturous and/or dystopian, consider the cow.
- 15 Sep, 2014 Pacific Ethanol signs deal to sell ethanol byproducts
Sacramento Business Journal: Pacific Ethanol Inc. has signed an agreement to sell up to 200 tons a day of carbon dioxide from its ethanol plant in Oregon to Kodiak Carbonic LLC.
- 12 Sep, 2014 Roseville’s SPI Solar has deal for Greek company
The Sacramento Bee: Roseville-based solar energy developer SPI Solar says it has agreed to pay $91.8 million for an international energy company and will take over solar projects in Greece with an annual generating capacity of nearly 26.6 megawatts.
- 12 Sep, 2014 Sutter Health's chief medical officer will retire in April
Sacramento Business Journal: Sutter Health’s chief medical officer -- Dr. Gordon Hunt -- will retire in April 2015, Sutter officials announced Thursday.
- 12 Sep, 2014 Behind the List: Tech companies employ 15,000 in region
Sacramento Business Journal: This week's list of the largest technology companies in the four-county area employ an estimated 15,729 people. Companies are ranked by number of employees at local operations. To qualify for the list, companies must be engaged in the research and development or manufacturing of technology products.
- 12 Sep, 2014 These 3 women-run startups are out to simplify your life
Sacramento Business Journal: The annual TechCrunch Disrupt event in San Francisco this week was a haven for all things innovation. Dozens of startups pitch, and a pool of judges, including investors, engineers and even Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, decide which are the most promising and potentially profitable.
- 12 Sep, 2014 Bayer CropScience is growing in West Sacramento
Sacramento Business Journal: Bayer CropScience’s new West Sacramento biologics lab, the world headquarters for that division, is ramping up in a big way.
- 12 Sep, 2014 Electric plug-in vehicles pass a milestone
Sacramento Business Journal: When California sold its 100,000th plug-in electric vehicle this week, it achieved a major milestone that no other state — or nation — can claim.
- 11 Sep, 2014 Two companies founded by same engineer in legal battle over patent
Sacramento Business Journal: Cesca Therapeutics Inc. of Rancho Cordova on Tuesday filed a federal patent-infringement lawsuit against SynGen Inc. of Sacramento.
- 11 Sep, 2014 Velocity Venture Capital picks 15 finalists for Entrepreneurs Showcase
Sacramento Business Journal: Fifteen startup companies are about to begin an intensive 10-week boot camp in the fifth annual Entrepreneurs Showcase.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 17 Sep, 2014 Hire for Success -- How To Select People Who Will Grow Your Company
Every business owner and hiring manager has heard it -- hire talent based on your company culture, not just the skills required for the position. In this seminar, we’ll roll up our sleeves and teach you some sure-fire techniques for finding talent that will be key to growing your organization.
- 25 Sep, 2014 Beer and Geeks Meetup
Tap into the tech community. A casual mixer designed to help techies around the region connect, learn, engage, etc... Show up, grab a drink, unwind and meet someone new. No cost to attend - just RSVP so we know you're coming
- 6 Nov, 2014 TechCon Sacramento