Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 1 Sep, 2015 Governor signs order to strengthen cyber security
Sacramento Business Journal: Gov. Jerry Brown released an executive order on Monday that seeks to improve the state's preparation and response to cyber attacks that threaten both personal privacy and the California economy.
- 1 Sep, 2015 Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance is folding
Sacramento Bee: SARTA announced Tuesday that its board of directors voted a day earlier to go out of business after 14 years.
- 1 Sep, 2015 SARTA Abruptly Shuts Down
Sacramento Business Journal: The Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance is shutting down, the group’s recently appointed CEO said Tuesday.
- 1 Sep, 2015 Sacramento Tech Nonprofit SARTA Logging Off
Captial Public Radio: The Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance (SARTA) has ceased operations as of August 31. "SARTA is ending operations due to financial constraints," says SARTA CEO Howard Bubb.
- 31 Aug, 2015 VSP Global hiring engineers in midtown after research pact with USC
Sacramento Business Journal: VSP Global is staffing up at its midtown Sacramento innovation center, thanks to a new research partnership with the University of Southern California.
- 31 Aug, 2015 Now we know what Agilent Technologies will do with that building it bought in Folsom
Sacramento Business Journal: Agilent Technologies Inc. is expanding in Folsom — adding offices, labs and warehouse space in a building it bought at the end of last year.
- 31 Aug, 2015 Confused about which online ride-hailing app to use? Here’s what you need to know (slideshow)
Sacramento Business Journal: Sacramento’s Yellow Cab Co. launched a new smartphone ride-hailing app called Curb this month in a move that goes head-to-head with competitors Uber, Lyft and Flywheel.
- 28 Aug, 2015 Startup makes 3-D printers for the masses (slideshow)
Sacramento Business Journal: Entrepreneur Brook Drumm started PrintrBot five years ago with the goal of making 3-D printers affordable for schools and other users.
- 28 Aug, 2015 Arcadia Biosciences passes milestone in developing super soybean trait
Sacramento Business Journal: Agricultural technology company Arcadia Biosciences Inc. says the U.S. Food and Drug Administration completed an early evaluation for the company’s genetically modified soybean trait and found it safe to plant for more research.
- 28 Aug, 2015 Infant nutritional health company nets $9M investment round
Sacramento Business Journal: A Davis health technology startup has raised $9 million to commercialize infant health research developed at the University of California Davis.
Network with local tech leaders and investors