Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 29 Jul, 2014 Medical startup seeks FDA approval for lung-disease product
The Sacramento Bee: A Sacramento medical-device startup and its partners are about to seek U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for its first product, a home-purification system aimed at fighting lung infections in cystic fibrosis patients.
- 29 Jul, 2014 SPI Solar seals another deal for $25M of stock
Sacramento Business Journal: For the second time in two weeks, Roseville's SPI Solar raised millions of dollars with private placements of its stock.
- 29 Jul, 2014 Aerojet Rocketdyne part of space 'neighborhood watch' satellite mission
Sacramento Business Journal: Aerojet Rocketdyne rocket motors supported the launch Monday night of three satellites aboard a single United Launch Alliance Delta IV rocket.
- 28 Jul, 2014 $3 million state grant to support Pacific Ethanol sorghum program
The Sacramento Bee: Pacific Ethanol Inc., the Sacramento-based marketer and producer of low-carbon renewable fuels, has been awarded a $3 million matching grant from the California Energy Commission to develop a sorghum feedstock program.
- 28 Jul, 2014 Pacific Ethanol, Fresno State to work together on sorghum as fuel
Sacramento Business Journal: Pacific Ethanol Inc. was awarded a $3 million matching grant from the California Energy Commission to develop sorghum as a feedstock for ethanol.
- 28 Jul, 2014 Cathie Anderson: Folsom’s e.Republic seeds venture funds, makes investment worth $1 million
The Sacramento Bee: E.Republic founder Dennis McKenna, who describes his publications as “smart media for government innovation,” is making an investment worth $1 million in a tech startup that he believes is providing a smart, cost-effective tool in an area where government acutely needs innovation.
- 26 Jul, 2014 Cathie Anderson: Computer whiz struggled in high school but now earns millions with Rocklin business
The Sacramento Bee: Ken Gracey was the better student, graduating from UC Davis with a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering. His older brother Chip Gracey, however, was the one who founded the $7 million-a-year company that they run together in Rocklin.
- 25 Jul, 2014 Spotlight On ... Ryan Montoya, senior VP of strategy, innovation and technology, Sacramento Kings
Sacramento Business Journal: Sacramento Kings majority owner Vivek Ranadivé has been clear that his franchise will be the most technologically advanced in the world. The person who is in charge of making that happen is Ryan Montoya.
- 24 Jul, 2014 7 cheap (or free!) online classes for wannabe entrepreneurs
Sacramento Business Journal: This roundup of cheap and free classes are for entrepreneurs — current or aspiring — and the courses are taught by some of the brightest minds in the sector.
- 24 Jul, 2014 Feds give SMUD 50-year license for hydroelectric projects on American River
Sacramento Business Journal: The Sacramento Municipal Utility District got a 50-year renewal to operate its hydroelectric projects on the upper American River.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 31 Jul, 2014 Beer and Geeks Meetup
Tap into the tech community. A casual mixer designed to help techies around the region connect, learn, engage, etc... Show up, grab a drink, unwind and meet someone new. No cost to attend - just RSVP so we know you're coming
- 12 Aug, 2014 TechLink Members Only Mixer
TechLink: SARTA's exclusive members-only networking mixer for the technology sector, where you can meet and mingle with the region's most innovative tech entrepreneurs and industry leaders, including SARTA's Board of Directors.
- 20 Aug, 2014 Go-to-Market Strategies for Tech Startups
You’ve developed a killer product or service, now how do you get your Go-to-Market strategy right? Learn how to develop your value proposition, understand targeting and segmentation and how to distribute your product or service through the right channels.