Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 10 Mar, 2014Intel looking for wearable technology ideas
Sacramento Business Journal: Intel Corp. is launching a global initiative challenge for people to come up with technologies that are wearable, and offering prize money to boot.
- 10 Mar, 2014Marrone Bio adds patent for biofungicide
Sacramento Business Journal: Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. got an additional patent for its flagship Regalia biofungicide product.
- 7 Mar, 2014Sacramento region tech industry saw growth on multiple levels in 2013
The Sacramento Bee: The Sacramento region’s tech industry saw growth in companies, jobs and revenue in 2013, according to new data released Friday at the Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance’s “TechEdge Celebration” luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento.
- 7 Mar, 2014Kings tech leader: Team will lead NBA 3.0
The Sacramento Bee: Bringing new technology to the Sacramento Kings is a “unique opportunity to pull out a blank piece of paper” and create NBA 3.0, Andy Miller, a serial entrepreneur and a member of the Sacramento Kings ownership, told the 11th annual TechEdge event Friday.
- 7 Mar, 2014Bike-light maker with UC Davis roots prowls for funds on 'Shark Tank'
Sacramento Business Journal: A growing startup company with a chief financial officer from the UC Davis Graduate School of Management will be making its pitch for funding on ABC’s Shark Tank television show tonight.
- 7 Mar, 2014Pondera Solutions developing Google Glass as anti-fraud tool
Sacramento Business Journal: Pondera Solutions is developing Google Glass into a tool for fraud investigation.
- 7 Mar, 2014Meet the most influential local voices on Twitter
Sacramento Business Journal: Here’s how you influence the region in 140 characters or less...
- 7 Mar, 2014Tech’s triad of limitations
Sacramento Business Journal: Every business, regardless of size, is feeling a growing vice-like pressure from technology.
- 7 Mar, 2014What it takes to be influential on Twitter
Sacramento Business Journal: Say goodbye to the myth of the Twitter influencer who avoids real-life interactions.
- 6 Mar, 2014Marrone Bio doubles revenue in IPO year
Sacramento Business Journal: Davis-based Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. nearly doubled its revenue in 2013 over the previous year.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 20 Mar, 2014Beer and Geeks Meetup
Tap into the tech community. A casual mixer designed to help techies around the region connect, learn, engage, etc... Show up, grab a drink, unwind and meet someone new. No cost to attend - just RSVP so we know you're coming
- 26 Mar, 2014Common Legal Mistakes Startups Make
Please join Tim Harris of Morrison & Foerster LLP for a lively discussion of the most common mistakes that startups make from a legal perspective. This session will explore the choice of legal entity for a startup, corporate recordkeeping, stock option plans, founder tax issues, securities law compliance, critical intellectual property concerns and fundamental employment law issues.