Stay tuned for events related to the technology sector in the Greater Sacramento region.
SARTA News & Press Releases
- 23 Oct, 2014 Innovation Park Forum Part II – Economic Development and Housing
The People's Vanguard of Davis: Last Thursday, the Vanguard hosted its Innovation Park Discussion Forum at DMG Mori in Davis. At least 50 people from the community came out to hear an early discussion on the innovation parks.
- 23 Oct, 2014 Sacramento County considering support for science center, downtown streetcars
Sacramento Business Journal: Sacramento County supervisors will consider putting some money toward high-profile projects such as the Powerhouse Science Center and a downtown Sacramento streetcar plan.
- 22 Oct, 2014 Davis Innovation Center Application Submitted
The People's Vanguard of Davis: While a lot of focus has been placed on the Mace Ranch Innovation Center, much of that focusing on city hopes to keep Schilling Robotics in Davis, there are now two proposed innovation parks.
- 22 Oct, 2014 Sacramento’s Networking Solutions opens new office Thursday
The Sacramento Bee: Networking Solutions, a Sacramento firm that provides computer support and information technology services to Sacramento-area businesses, is hosting an open house at its new, expanded office space on Thursday.
- 22 Oct, 2014 How years in academia prepared Tiggly's Azi Jamalian for the startup world
Azi Jamalian has had what some would call a dual career. After earning her master's degree in game design and her Ph.D. in early childhood development, the 31-year-old is now co-founder and chief learning officer of Tiggly, a New York City-based ed-tech startup — and in her "free time," she's an adjunct professor at Columbia University's Teachers College, teaching a course on mathematical thinking to grad students.
- 21 Oct, 2014 Gallery, artist studios turning into co-working space in midtown
Sacramento Business Journal: A new co-working space is going into the gallery and artist studios Gallery 2110 Sacramento Art Complex.
- 21 Oct, 2014 HomeZada Closes $2.1M Seed Round of Investment
Business Wire: HomeZada, a digital home information platform for the entire homeowner lifecycle, has closed a $2.1M Seed round. Investors include a venture firm, individual angels and the company founders. The funding will accelerate the development of the platform, increase brand awareness and marketing to acquire new users.
- 21 Oct, 2014 Folsom's 8Minutenergy signs construction firm for huge project
Sacramento Business Journal: Folsom-based solar company 8minutenergy Renewables LLC announced recently it signed agreements with Gehrlicher Solar America Corp. to engineer and build three massive solar projects in Kern County.
- 21 Oct, 2014 Vanguard Innovation Park Discussion Part One: Why is This Park Different From All Other Parks?
The People's Vanguard of Davis: Last Thursday, the Vanguard hosted its Innovation Park Discussion Forum at DMG Mori in Davis. At least 50 people from the community came out to hear an early discussion on the innovation parks
- 20 Oct, 2014 Folsom’s Quipt lets manufacturers control their online pricing
The Sacramento Bee: As consumers comb through online sites such as Amazon, Newegg andeBay for the lowest prices and e-tailers battle for sales, the race to the bargain basement can quickly eat away at manufacturers’ profits.
Network with local tech leaders and investors
- 6 Nov, 2014 TechCon Sacramento