CleanStart has been the region’s pioneering champion of clean tech since 2005. Beginning with mapping the companies in the clean tech cluster (only 29 at first count!), then hosting the region’s clean tech business plan competition, and finally developing and hosting the CleanStart Showcase since 2007 – CleanStart has been a consistent force. Now our region is 1st in clean tech job creation according to Clean Edge! How do we top that, you ask? Simple: we polled the clean tech companies and got the straight dope from them: “We need customers AND investors….and please do stuff in our part of the region,” they said. And as a result – CleanStart has introduced the PowerUP meet-ups for 2013.
Our first PowerUP is this week, on Thursday, February 21 in West Sacramento, from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Register Now! Hosted by Greyrock Energy, Inc., this promises to be the first of three great events around the region where you will be able to:
- Learn what our clean tech companies are doing and tell the crowd what you’re up to. If you have a new product or program, come share it with the community!
- Develop a promotional video pitching a product or company, at no additional cost beyond the registration fee for the event. All the videos will be hosted on-line at the CleanStart Virtual Expo. In addition, tables will be available for a clean tech product showcase.
- Meet investors, entrepreneurs, service providers, researchers and more.
- Learn how to participate in the Clean Tech Open accelerator and competition.
- Win the four-minute video raffle prize. The first 3 registrants for a 4 minute video of their own get it at the fantastic price of just $600….no, it’s not a mistake. Ingrid@sarta.org can hook you up with more info.
New for 2013, CleanStart will be launching a brand-new Virtual Expo, and clean tech companies who come to PowerUP can be featured on the Virtual Expo for free! All clean tech companies at PowerUP will work that same evening with our professional videographer to create a one-minute video about their company *at no cost.* In addition, we’ll host a raffle drawing for a free four-minute video. All clean tech companies are encouraged to participate in one or more of the PowerUP’s, because invitations to the CleanStart Showcase will only be granted to companies that join us at PowerUP.
After February 21, the remaining two PowerUP meet-ups are:
- April 23rd at Folsom Lake College
- June 26th in partnership with Sierra Commons and the Nevada County Economic Resource Council in Nevada City